The Nominating Team will accept nomination forms between Oct. 1 – 21st.
This person will be needed to begin a 5 year term on the CTK Congregation Council in January, 2019. We ask that you participate in this process by offering nominees for these all-important positions.
- The Congregation Council keeps the vision of CTK moving forward and makes prayerful decisions on how best to carry out God’s vision for this place.
- The Congregation Council is comprised of men and women who put God first financially and spiritually; who lead or attend Bible Study groups; who clearly serve God in the church and in the world. 1 Timothy 3:1-7 describes this type of leader:
(The Message) Leadership in the Church
1-7If anyone wants to provide leadership in the church, good! But there are preconditions: A leader must be well-thought-of, committed to his wife, cool and collected, accessible, and hospitable. He must know what he’s talking about, not be over fond of wine, not pushy but gentle, not thin-skinned, not money-hungry. He must handle his own affairs well, attentive to his own children and having their respect. For if someone is unable to handle his own affairs, how can he take care of God’s church? He must not be a new believer, lest the position go to his head and the Devil trip him up. Outsiders must think well of him, or else the Devil will figure out a way to lure him into his trap.
- We ask that you take time for prayerful discernment before you choose a nominee. Ask God to show you these leaders at CTK.
- Personally ask these leaders for permission to nominate them if they are willing.
- Please return your nominations to the Church office or offering basket by October 21, 2018.
Thank you for your participation.