Face to Face With God
Family/Study Group Notes for Week of June 16th, 2019
Title: Face to Face with God
- How do you respond/react to the statement, “God delights in you.” What do you feel? If it is difficult for you, why do you think that is?
- Do you see yourself as a child-child of God or as an adult child of God? Jesus said that we must become like little children. What do you think that looks like?
- “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek Him.” — Hebrews 11:6 / What do you think that “reward” would be or look like?
- How do you practice entering the presence of God? What do you find that leads you into a place where you just know He is there with you?
- In Psalm 51 David declared that He had sinned against God, when he took Bathsheba and killed her husband. When you have wronged someone, to you consider also that you have wronged God? How do you find yourself praying at such times?
- Can you think of a time when the presence of God in your life, distinguished you from those who do not in a noticeable way? Giving God the glory, can you share about that?
- Considering God as your Father, how are some ways that He might think of you differently. How did your parents’ love for you, make them treat you differently because you were their child. Or if you are a parent, how does your love for your children, cause you to treat them differently than you treat other people’s children?