March 29, 2020 – Kids’ Service
March 29, 2020 – Full Service
March 29, 2020 – Sermon Only
March 29, 2020 – Audio Only
Message Notes for March 29th, 2020
Series: “I Am”
Title: I AM the True Vine
Core Scripture for Today: John 15:1-5
- The vine is eternal and stays rooted.
- Exodus 3: 13-15, Genesis 1:1-2, Genesis 17:3-8 (Old to New Testament)
- The vine provides the nutrients we need to bear fruit.
- Galatians 5:22-26,
- Pruning is necessary to produce the best fruit.
- Psalm 23:3-6,
- The vine never stops growing.
- Ephesians 4:15.16, John 17:17-21
- The fruit from your life provides nourishment during the valleys of life.
- Galatians 5:22-26, Psalm 23:3-6
Family/Study Group Notes for Week of November 29th, 2020
I AM the True Vine
- Take a moment to think about the praises you have in your life right now. What things are you thankful for and how has God provided for you these past few weeks? Take a few moments to share in your small groups and listen to what God is doing around you.
- Read John 15:1-10.
- What sticks out to you in the verses? In what way does a vine provide for the rest of a plant? Have you ever seen any of those things in your spiritual life? If so, in what way? Ex. Nourishment, when rooting on God, our spiritual lives are healthier and our outlook on life changes. Another way we can think about spending time with God is abiding in Him. How does abiding in Him allow us to continue to bear fruit? What does the fruit of God look like in your life? How is that different than what we may consider worldly fruit?
- How does the promise in verse 4 ring true in your life? Have there been times where your spiritual walk has strayed away from God? What were the results/fruits?
- We often think of pruning as something that is done to plants but rarely associate it with our daily lives. Have you ever gone through a season of spiritual pruning? Was it pleasant? Looking back, how did that season yield a more fruitful faith and life in the following months/years?
- In verse 5 it says apart from God we can produce nothing. Why is that? Have you ever tried to go a direction in your life without God’s help? How did it work out? Was there any pruning God was doing during that time? Did you find yourself coming back to where God was calling you to be?
- Take 5-10 minutes and gather in small groups (2-3 people per group) and discuss with the person nearby any prayer requests they have or praises. Pray for each other and pray for us as God’s people and God’s church to remain in Him so that we may bear much fruit and bring Him glory.