Message Notes for August 25, 2019
Jesus Christ is the hope of the world and because He is, so is His Church!
1 Corinthians 12:27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
John 14:12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.
Fear can keep us from being the church in the world. What fears do you want to give to God?
Jeremiah 29:7-14, 2 Timothy 1:7, John 14:12
The mission of God’s Church is for us!
- To grow us in maturity as believers.
- To discover our gifts and purpose to make a difference.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
- To care and support one another.
The mission of God’s Church is through us!
- To be salt and light in the world.
- To share the love of Jesus.
- To spread the truth of salvation through Jesus Christ.
How can make a difference through CtK Church’s mission in the world?
Family/Group Study Notes for the week of August 25, 2019
The Mission of God’s Church
- How would you see Jesus Christ being the hope for this world? Why? Read 1 Timothy 1:1, Titus 2:11-13. How do you think Paul saw Jesus as the hope of the world in saying this to Timothy and Titus?
- What are some specific hopes you have for the world? How do you see yourself making a difference in what you hope for the world?
- What impact do you think the church has on the world? Positive? Negative? Since the Church is the Body of Christ, how could the Church make a difference? What holds the Church back? Why do some churches seem to make a difference and others don’t as much?
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:27 and John 14:12. What do these passages say about your part as the Church? What are your possibilities for impact? What holds you back?
- Read 1 Corinthians, chapter 12. What does this passage say about how God has set up the Church? What makes the Church powerful and strong? What is our role with each other? What are the possibilities of a church that lives in this way? How can you live this out in your own church?
- Gather in smaller groups and pray for the Church in the world. Pray for God’s power and Spirit to be in His Church. Pray for God to move powerfully in your life as one of the essential parts of His body.