August 30, 2020 – Full Service
Click below to view the full service.
August 30, 2020 – Sermon Only
Message Notes for August 30, 2020
Series: Defined: a study of Joshua
What is defining about the call?
1)It’s putting God above all.
2)It celebrates being chosen.
Exodus 19:6, 1 Peter 2:10, John 15:16
3)It leans into holiness.
Hebrews 12:14, 2 Corinthians 7:1
Family/Group Study Notes for the Week of August 30, 2020
Series: Defined: a study of Joshua.
1) Share with each other about how you define your calling.
2) Read Matthew 5:13-16. What does this passage say about our calling? How could you live as salt and light in the world today?
3) Read again Numbers chapter 14. What does this passage say about how the people lost their sense of calling? What things happen in your life that make you move away from representing God?
4) Have you ever been chosen for something (team, job, marriage, friendship)? What did that feel like? How did you want to respond because you were chosen? Read 1 Peter 2:10. How does this passage define how you are chosen by God? How does being chosen by God affect how you live every day? What does this look like in the ways you steward your finances, in how you interact with your neighbors, etc.?
5) What does holiness mean to you?
6) Joshua and the new generation sought to follow God in holiness. When they turned away from God, they experienced defeat. When they walked with God, they experienced freedom and victory. Read 2 Corinthians 7:1. What does this passage mean to you? What promises are mentioned in this verse? How does the gift of Jesus bring holiness to completion? How does the gift of the cross increase your desire to pursue holiness?
7) Pray with each other to close.