July 18, 2021 – Full Service
Click below to view the full service.
July 18, 2021 – Sermon Only
July 18 – Faith and Friends- Rob Moeller
BL: Faith based friends can put you in the midst of some amazing moves of God.
Mark 5:21-24 21 And when Jesus had crossed again in the boat to the other side, a great crowd gathered about him, and he was beside the sea. 22 Then came one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name, and seeing him, he fell at his feet 23 and implored him earnestly, saying, “My little daughter is at the point of death. Come and lay your hands on her, so that she may be made well and live.” 24 And he went with him.
Mark 5:25-34 And a great crowd followed him and thronged about him. 25 And there was a woman who had had a discharge of blood for twelve years, 26 and who had suffered much under many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was no better but rather grew worse. 27 She had heard the reports about Jesus and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his garment. 28 For she said, “If I touch even his garments, I will be made well.” 29 And immediately the flow of blood dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of her disease. 30 And Jesus, perceiving in himself that power had gone out from him, immediately turned about in the crowd and said, “Who touched my garments?” 31 And his disciples said to him, “You see the crowd pressing around you, and yet you say, ‘Who touched me?’” 32 And he looked around to see who had done it. 33 But the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came in fear and trembling and fell down before him and told him the whole truth. 34 And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.”
Mark 5:35-37 35 While he was still speaking, there came from the ruler’s house some who said, “Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?” 36 But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not fear, only believe.” 37 And he allowed no one to follow him except Peter and James and John the brother of James.
Mark 5:38-40 38 They came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and Jesus saw a commotion, people weeping and wailing loudly. 39 And when he had entered, he said to them, “Why are you making a commotion and weeping? The child is not dead but sleeping.” 40 And they laughed at him. But he put them all outside and took the child’s father and mother and those who were with him and went in where the child was.
Mark 5:41-42 41 Taking her by the hand he said to her, “Talitha cumi,” which means, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.” 42 And immediately the girl got up and began walking (for she was twelve years of age), and they were immediately overcome with amazement. 43 And he strictly charged them that no one should know this, and told them to give her something to eat.
Family/Group Study Notes for July 18, 2021
Series: “Life with Friends”
* Read Romans 10: 8-12, regarding Faith. What insight does this passage
share about the role of faith in how we come to God for salvation? Are there restrictions or distinctions on who may be saved? Why?
* Read the following passages – Mark 10:46-52, Luke 17: 11-19, Matthew 8: 5-13, Mark 5: 25-34. What are the common elements? (what was asked, what was said, what was done, what produced the results)
* Reflect and share times you thought you were on ‘mission’ with your friends and an unexpected move of God intersected your path. Were you amazed? Did you learn something new about God through this?
* Read Mark 5: 36. Why did Jesus immediately move to reinforce Jairus’ faith? What were Jesus’ specific instructions? Do these instructions still apply today? Discuss times you have seen fear, doubt and death attack your own faith or the faith of others. Share with one another the promises of God that you hold on to when you need to reinforce your own faith.
* Share with one another the amazing moves of God you have witnessed and stored up in your heart that can help your friends as you walk in faith with them.