June 13, 2021 – Full Service
Click below to view the full service.
June 13, 2021 – Sermon Only
Message Notes for June 13, 2021
Series: “Life with Friends” Title: Doing Life Together
- People are lonelier than ever.
- Koinonia –
- Radical Ordinary Hospitality
- Churches that thrive are multigenerational.
- Jesus did what
- Offer hope.
6. What does doing life with non-Christians and fellow believers do?
- It heals.
- It provides hope.
- It shares the burden of doing life.
- It helps you meet people who are not like you.
- It provides friendship.
- It changes your heart.
- It softens you.
- It makes you healthier – physical and mentally.
- It makes you an imitator of Jesus.
- It provides help when times are tough.
7. Living out radically ordinary Christian hospitality means knowing that your relationship with others must be as strong as your words.
Family/Group Study Notes for June 13, 2021
- What do you base your friendships on? What do you contribute to them, what do you get out of them? How many people have the keys or code to get into your house? What does this statement say about friendships? Why do you think people are lonely today?
- How do the relationships you have (or had) influence your faith?
- Is Jesus in your friendships? If so, how? How does your relationship with Jesus influence how good or bad of a friend you are? Should your faith influence your friendships?
- Read Matthew 15:29-39 – How does Jesus enter people’s lives in this story? There are two stories here: physical healing and the feeding. How are they both about welcoming the stranger in?
- Jesus did Radical Ordinary Hospitality in this story– he sets this up as our standard. How would you define this concept? What stops us from doing as Jesus did – welcoming, healing, feeding, and reaching out? How do we overcome our own barriers to being radical in our friendships?
- How can you be intentional to reach out to people who you hadn’t before? How can you show them a radical ordinary hospitality? How can you show them the love of Jesus during this time and seek to begin to change people’s lives? Who are people you need to connect or reconnect with in your life?
- Pray together and seek out those opportunities to share life and Jesus with others this summer.